"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween 2010...and a something HUGE!

We had a BUSY, but GREAT Halloween week.
Patchville at SCC is our favorite. Every year our church has a massive outreach for children of all ages. I am talking bounce houses galore, candy, hay rides, face painting, candy, rides, games, candy, oh and did I mention CANDY.
Eli had his fall festival at his school, Sammie had a party, and Alex had a fall festival too.
We are worn out...and a little full of candy!
Here are a few pictures to share. I know I am biased, but don't I have beautiful children?
As I got the kids together to take this before we headed to meet Aaron at Patchville, the stray cat came running over and got in. Eli as the Dark Knight, Sammie as Spidergirl, Alex as Spiderwoman, and Lilah as Minnie. Now, for those of you who are wondering why Lilah isn't a super hero...let me stop you really quick. Minnie IS our hero. When we went to Disney, Minnie's assistant held the line and Minnie led Lilah's hand all over her ears, face, nose, and more. (YES I CRIED) From that moment on, Minnie and Lilah had a connection...and Aaron and I fell in LOVE with Disney...so Lilah IS a superhero, too!
As you can see from this picture, Lilah LOVES her Daddy. She giggles and squirms when he gets her with his "whiskies." I am SO blessed to have SUCH a wonderful husband who loves me and our children unconditionally!

" Who me? No, I didn't eat the last one?"
She looks like she got caught RED HANDED!


My beautiful mini-me, Alex. She will be 8 next month. I love her SO much. She has the biggest servant heart I have ever seen.



Now, here is my boy. I love this little handsome devil who looks, and acts, just like his Daddy. I have had people ask me if I actually gave birth to him because he looks so much like Aaron. Yes, all 9lbs 5 oz I pushed out. Trust me, he is part of me too!




My little Sammie.... Such a sweet girl, but careful...she has a naughty streak. I love that no matter what happens, she LOVES to have her picture taken. She can be crying and so upset over a toy,then see my camera, and pose like a model. I know, I know...this one will give us some trouble. I LOVE this little one...in all her dramatic glory!



Look at this beautiful, messy, gorgeous, miracle. She was crawling and pulling up all over the sanctuary at church while "Dan, the Animal Man" was on stage.
I looked at this photograph over and over. I saw something that struck me like a jolt of LIGHTNING....look closely...
HERE...
look at it closer.....

These are some VERY clear corneas.
No, they aren't "perfect" but who cares about all of THAT...look...
You cannot look at this last photo and tell me God doesn't exist.
No surgeries, not even one, on her eyes. She went from completely blind with opaque corneas to these amazingly BLUE eyes in less than two years.
God is here. God is with us. God is healing Lilah. God is changing us...all of us.
You know, when I found out I was pregnant with Lilah...I prayed and prayed for this child. I didn't get the child I prayed for....no, I got something a million times better.... I received the child I was meant to have. The Lord knew exactly what He was doing when He placed Lilah in my care. I am so grateful for unanswered prayers. I am SO grateful that the Lord saw in me a person who needed, deserved, and would LOVE this special child.
Lilah is my gift.
Thank you, Lord, for this most awesome honor. I pray I honor YOU with all that I do with her, my older three, with my husband, my family, and all that I meet.
HE is using Lilah....I have no doubt!








3 comments:

Lydia said...

wonderful post! and very beautiful kids! :-)

That just tickles me about the stray cat in the picture, it's so fitting!

Kristin said...

Awe, Looks like they had lots of fun for halloween! God is so GREAT! I was thinking the other day how it's almost one year since i found your blog. I'm still so thankful. God is doing amazing things in Lilah's life :)

Christy Parker said...

As usual the I am so touched by you and your heart! I love you girl and am so honored to call you my friend. It is awesome to watch God working in you! Your family is beautiful and amazing!