"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Lilah!

Two years ago today my life changed...forever. I left Italy and landed in Holland.



Today I can tell you all the wonderful things about life in Holland...

Lilah is a JOY!
Lilah is loving.
Lilah gives the BEST hugs...ever. She wraps her little arms around your neck and squeezes so tight.
Lilah makes you smile.
Lilah LOVES to dance.
Lilah is peaceful, patient, determined.
Lilah studies you intently so that she will understand you more. Be honest, who in your life studies you, watches you, and notices every detail? Lilah does.

When you're visually impaired and life takes more time to understand, you tend to be more of a thinker and an observer than a talker and a doer. My Lilah is a thinker. She studies you with her eyes and her fingers and she takes time to make her assessment of you. Couldn't we ALL benefit from being more like Lilah?

We celebrated Lilah's 2nd Birthday with a few friends and family. Nothing big or over the top. Just those that have been there from the beginning. Lilah got passed around, loved on, snuggled, she played, crawled, and giggled.

We decided to give the "smash cake" another go, because she wasn't that aware and into it last year.




Look at that beautiful girl after we helped her blow out her candles!

Her sisters and brother really helped direct her and encourage her to eat it. They are ALAWAYS there for her. They LOVE her, play with her, encourage her, and support her.


Alex even decided to help her smash it!




Lilah wanted to share with us all. SUCH a sweetheart!

Lilah,
Every moment of everyday I thank God for you. What a blessing and a treasure you are! I may get sad sometimes at the way that people behave, act, and do things to or around you, but know without a shadow of a doubt that your Mama will fight to get you what you need. You, my sweet angel, have made me a better woman. You have given me courage to attempt my dream. You have given me assertiveness that I never had before. You have given me a drive that wants to change things for other Mommies and kids. Lilah, you came to earth to change us all. You came to teach us how to love and accept each other, You are here to make such difference. What you don't know is...you have saved me. Going through everything we have, I have learned and grown. I have seen the face of God in your eyes. I have seen the LOVE of Christ and feel it more in my heart than ever before, Lilah, you are an incredible woman. You are a treasure. You are a beautiful woman and you shine HIS light for all to see. Happy Birthday my miracle!
I love you so much Lilah Bird,
Mommy


To watch the video Aaron made for her birthday click HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lilah!

Congratulations to you, Katie, on her birth and development. She is beautiful! Barbara