"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, January 4, 2010

Heaven's Special Child

Yesterday I received a be-lated Christmas present...

Heaven's Special Child
A meeting was held far from Earth,
It was time for another Birth.
Said the Angels to the Lord above-
"This Special Child will need much love.
"Her progress may be slow,
"Accomplishment she may not show.
"And she'll need extra care
"From folks she meets down there.
"So many times she will be labeled,
"Different, helpless, and disabled.
"So let's be careful where she's sent,
"We want her to be content.
"Please Lord, find the parents who
"Will do this special job for you.
"They will not realize right away,
"The leading role they are asked to play.
"But with this child sent from above,
"Comes stronger faith and richer love.
"And soon they will know the privilege given
"In caring for their gift from heaven.
"Their precious charge, so meek and mild
"Is Heaven's Special Child"
I cry each time I read it.
Lilah is my gift.
Scroll up and read it again.
Now...for those of you who have followed from the beginning...you know this journey has taken me through so many valleys.
You know that it has not been without bumps and bruises.
HOWEVER...
I am SO, very very very...
GRATEFUL for those bumps, pains, bruises, hurts, tears, loneliness....
I am walking closer with Christ today than I was a year ago.
Thank you God for MY Special Child...
Lilah is the BEST gift...EVER!
To Geri,
You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for finding this poem and knowing what my heart needed to feel, hear, and see. Many, many thanks!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That is another one of my favorite poems. So perfectly written!!

God bless little Lilah!

Jenny said...

What a wonderfully poem! It sat directly into my heart. I have a son, Fabian 8 months,he has Peter's Plus syndrome. I still find it difficult to take me to my sick child in full, but I try and every day I come closer to my goal.

I just cried and cried when I read this poem. Could I borrow it from you and post it on my blog? It fits so amazingly well in to my feelings.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Another testimony to your great faith and love and trust in God. Blessings
QMM

Lisa Christine said...

My neighbor across the street brought a copy of this over to my house sometime last year. I was so touched by its words.

Thanks for sharing it again today.

Anonymous said...

And we are thankful that you are sharing your story here.

Barbara