"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

At the right time!

I received an email this morning:




I have sat down to write you a couple of times but couldn't find words big enough or strong enough to convey what I feel. My daughter who is four was born with bilateral Peter's Anomaly. She has been totally blind pretty much since birth. We did the surgeries, but they failed. I've been reading your blog for a few months and want to say thank you for pouring your heart out for all the world to read. You have been able to put words to the heartache, struggles, and loneliness that come along with having a child with special needs. It's almost as if you've got a personal window to my heart. I didn't have a relationship with God until I had my daughter. It's amazing how something so small and helpless as a newborn baby has so much to teach. I think He brought me to your blog. So, THANK YOU. I truly hate that we are going through this, but there is comfort knowing we're not alone. You have done so much for me. If I can help you in any way, I'd be honored to do so.

Sincerely,
K B (to protect her privacy I kept her name confidential)
Florida

***Thank you for your email, K.B. I believe that the Lord knew I needed to see these words today. For me to know that I am not alone. ***
God sure works in AMAZING ways.

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Isn't the internet amazing? How people from all around the globe can come together to find strength and encouragement when otherwise they would be facing their struggles alone. Simply wonderful. And so glad that KB was able to find your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh Katie what a wonderful thing that this mother found you. That is one of the grandest things about the internet. I have an issue I have been dealing with a couple of years and have found a kindred soul in another country, of all places, that has walked in my shoes and is walking with me. Blessings.
QMM