"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The way she soothes herself

I have frequently gone to check on Lilah while she's napping and this is what I find:

I have been curious as to how she can be such a Houdini at 14 months old..
AND
I use to wonder how she does this.
Here is the story:
Lilah is very tactile... Meaning Lilah uses touch to explore her surroundings.
She loves to put her hand inside my shirt and gnaw on her fist through my shirt.
In a way to soothe herself, she will take her left hand and reach over to her right sleeve. She then pulls on the sleeve with her left hand. She is trying to get her left fist inside her right sleeve to comfort herself. The harder she pulls to get that tactile sense, she will pull her entire right arm out of her shirt. I have often worried that she will choke on her shirt if it gets wrapped around her neck..so I check on her quite frequently.
At bedtime we roll her sleeves up so she has to work to get them unrolled and then soothes herself without removing her arm from the sleeve of her sleeper.

My little cutie pie certainly is a magician...of sorts!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of the most tender loving picture of Lilah I have seen you post. She is so precious, I just love Lilah.
QMM

Kristen said...

A magician indeed! And a good magician never reveals their secrets. So I have a feeling that when Lilah wakes up from this nap she's going to have a talking to with her mama for revealing how she does her trick.

tehehee

:)