"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, February 18, 2010

How does she do this?

There are SO many things that Lilah does that make me wonder.
Recently, Lilah has been doing a very normal baby/toddler activity. I use the word normal very loosely...and somewhat apprehensively. But in this instance..this is something that all four of my children have done. I never...never in a million years thought that Lilah would do this.
Lilah has begun to find the smallest pieces of ...anything...on the ground...and she picks them up.
She will be sitting up, she will then make a slight turn, she will look down at the carpet...
AND...
VOILA!
She does this:




My very first thought is NOT, "Oh my goodness, please don't put that in your mouth."
nor is it, "Where did that come from?"
nor is it, "Wow, I really need to vacuum." (even though I need to!)
No...
My first thought is, "Did she just see that?"
then...
"YES SHE DID! THANK YOU GOD!!!"
Something so small, something that irritates other Mommies to no end, gives me GREAT joy!
I know without a shadow of a doubt that she can see those tiny little pieces. How she sees, how great it is, what clarity, what acuity, etc....that isn't as important to me.
Lilah is a miracle. No doubt about it.
I thank the Lord for each and every moment!


3 comments:

BoomerSooner said...

goosebumps over here!!! I feel the same way with Maddy and that Lilah will continue to amaze you! The other day we were on a 'family walk' and way down at the end of the street was a yellow car....she tilted her head and said "That yellow car is pretty!" Stunned, Aric and I looked at eachother and smiled!!!! I love moments like that! Great job Lilah keep finding rolly pollies and keep your mama on her toes :)

Anonymous said...

Boy perspective is a biggie in our lives, isn't it. You are teaching some many folks so many wonderful things with your blog, Katie.
QMM

Kristen said...

Oh it tickled me pink the first time Cayman picked up a piece of fuss from the carpet (which was about a month ago), because it was just so typical. And to see our little ones do such a typical thing sends us to the moon and back. Oh it's pure bliss to experience such joy! That is why I am beginning to understand that these diagnoses that have always felt so dark and gloomy to us, actually are the avenue that opens us to know a world of greater joy and wonder. It makes me think that perhaps this is God's beautiful way of shining on this broken world we live in.