"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Overwhelming FEAR

Today will not be a cute post. Today I have minimal time and am still recovering, but I must put my pain away and face a bigger fear for Lilah today.
Today is the day. I have, quite honestly, DREADED more than I have let on.
Lilah is having her MRI this morning. Brain only with contrast.
Why do I dread it so?
  • IV sedation
  • TEST
  • TRUTH

Did you catch that last one???? Today will reveal the truth about Lilah's brain.

Will is change how I feel for her? NO. NO. NO. Not a chance!!

I will love Lilah no matter the result. It is the truth that we will know if something besides her eyes is "wrong."

Maybe this is it.....

I have been on SUCH a long road with Lilah in a year. UPs, DOWNs, MIRACLES...

I have unwillingly let Satan creep in and control my fear...again.

Today I will pray louder than I have before. Not for God to change Lilah. No way. But, for my peace about whatever the outcome.

Lord,

I am here. I am humbly here. I have a broken body. My mind is all wrapped up in something you beg us not to take hold of. I am fearful today. Will the results of the MRI show that Lilah will be "developmentally delayed?" Lord, I love Lilah. YOU knew exactly what you were doing when you placed her with me. I love you Lord. Thank you for Lilah. She has taught me so much. Lord, I ask for your strength and your peace today. Only you can give me the peace I need to endure the outcome of the MRI. Only you can give me strength to carry Lilah with a broken belly. Lord, I am putting my trust and faith in you and your will for Lilah. You have the plan. I know that Lilah will be alright. If it is your will that something is not "normal" with her brain. I will trust you. I may not understand why, but I will trust you. If it is your will that Lilah has a "normal" functioning brain, than I will praise you even more. I will not stop thanking you for the miracles and gifts you have given me and this family. I am here to serve you with an obedient heart. I will serve you while I'm waiting. Thank you for holding Lilah in your arms and protecting her today. Thank you for holding me while I am weak today. I am grateful. I am trusting. I love you. Thank you!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It does take a certain strong faith to remain steadfast when facing such a situation. I see and have confidence that you have that faith and God will carry you through this dreaded day. I'll be praying.

Lisa Christine said...

Whenever we have found out something 'new' about Elisabeth I have reminded myself that nothing has changed. She is always exactly the same as she was the day before and the day before that. A diagnoses doesn't change anything, it only helps you be able to meet her needs better. By understanding her uniqueness, you can make sure that she is recieving every resource she needs to be successful in life.

So just remember, whatever the results todsay, nothing has changed. She is the same sweet Lilah that she was yesterday.

Good luck! Stay strong! And keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

Oh praying for you to have the grace and faith to deal with whatever the results will be. She is so precious and beautiful.
QMM