"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MRI results...

On Friday, 12/18/09, Alex's 7th Birthday...
Many prayers were answered!
First...God answered my prayer and I was able to help another Mom...read post below!
THEN... Dr. Moretz called as we were all leaving Alex's Christmas Party at school.
She said, "Hi this is Dr. Moretz calling with the MRI results."
I looked at Aaron and gave him the "please keep the kids quiet so I can hear look."
She told me that first she wanted me to know that she thought things looked good, but the results came back with two notes.
First was a "problem with her ventricles" but Dr. Moretz said that she and the 2 other neurologists reviewed the scan and find it to be "technician error."
She said that the other finding was "an abnormally thin Corpus Callosum." She said I have seen these before and I want you to know that I don't think you have anything to worry about...
"Everything looks NORMAL to me!"
I LOST it!
I cried...and cried...and cried!
I told Dr. Moretz that this had been a VERY long year and that today was my oldest daughter's 7th birthday, and that having a child with special needs, especially a Visual Impairment so rare as Peters Anomaly and Sclerocornea, was a very lonely existence. I told her that I NEEDED this good news. I needed a Christmas miracle and THIS was the BEST gift I could have EVER asked for!
She said, "Have a VERY Merry Christmas!"
I hung up the phone and heard Alex ask, "Mommy ,why are you crying?"
I couldn't speak.
Again Alex asked, "Mommy, are they sad tears or happy tears?"
I said, "Alex...these are very, very, very Happy tears. Do you remember how Lilah had a test to see if her brain was okay?"
Alex said, "yes."
"The doctor just called and said that Lilah's brain is just fine." I said
Then Alex asked, "So God said she's okay and her brain is fine?'
I started to cry more and said, "yes, baby. God said her brain is fine."
I have told you all before, but I need you to really understand how VERY much Alex, Sammie, and Eli LOVE their baby sister. They pray for Lilah at EACH and EVERY meal and before bed EVERY night.
God has given us all a great gift...
Christmas came early for the Sharp Six!
THANK YOU GOD!

6 comments:

martinez trio said...

Praise the Lord! Tears filled my eyes becuase of JOY!

Lisa Christine said...

What a wonderful Christmas present to receive :)

Merry Christmas Sharp Family!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful. I can only give praise to God tonight. Thank heaven for that miracle. Blessings
QMM

Kristen said...

Oh it's going to be a great Christmas, full of happy miracles!!

Kristen said...

By the way, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today about our eventful weekend with Cayman's seizures. Your encouragement touched me.

David said...

merry christmas!