"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, December 14, 2009

OUCH!

I am VERY sorry for not blogging in over 19 days.
Life has taken some VERY strange turns in the past 19 days.
I will go back and fill you in on ALL the craziness REALLY soon.
BUT first....
I had an emergency this weekend. With four kids, illnesses are never welcome, timely or easy to take. Wednesday I was diagnosed with two large ovarian cysts. My pain increased, got worse, and intensified on my back.
Well....Friday I was in the ER....they sent me home to sleep in my own bed, with orders to return the next morning for more tests.
To my shock and amazement, I walked into the ER Saturday morning to find out I was having an emergency appendectomy. The nurse was taking my clothes off to put the IV in.(He blew 2 veins next to each other) I had to remind him that I was plenty capable to remove my own clothing!
WOW....it ALL happened SO fast!!!!
Aaron left the kids with our dear friend, Neena, and sped to the hospital to meet me. He got there in just enough time. The CAT scan the night before revealed simple appendicitis, but since my pain was still there and dull, the surgeon didn't want it to rupture.
Before Dr. Flanders did the surgery I asked him if the cysts were obvious would he take care of them. Because he was doing the surgery laproscopically he said no problem.
I gave Aaron a kiss, and was taken back to the OR, where I quickly fell asleep.
Only to be woken with severe abdominal pain and Aaron telling me that Dr. Flanders said the cysts were "HUGE."
Dr. Flanders drained the cysts and he said blood filled my abdomen. So he had to fill my belly with gas and clean my abdomen all out.
I was expecting to go home Saturday night, but my hemoglobin was so low from the blood I lost, that I had to stay over night. I was so worried about Lilah. She still nurses at night to go to sleep.
But gratefully Lilah, and all the kids, did great!
Me.....not so hot


my blown veins from the ER nurse
and I will spare you the photos of the suture that have come out!
So...no rest for this Mama.
Lilah has her MRI in 2 days!
I owe you several posts.....I'm working on it!!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Wow! How worrisome all that is. I'm glad you are recovering. I hope you are able to find the kind of rest your body needs after such a surgery but I know that gets tricky when all of life's everyday demands continue on. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa Christine said...

I am so glad to see a new post up, but sorry to read about your trip to the ER. I would say that your family has had it's fair share of hospital visits in the past few months, wouldn't you? You know the old saying, 'when it rains, it pours'.

Here's hoping for a calm, peaceful, and relaxing Christmas :)

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Oh no you don't owe us blogging buddies anything. You have to do what you have to do and that always comes first. So hope things settle down soon. Blessings
QMM