"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Phone call from Dr. Lee 1/27/09


Pictures were taken at birth 11/25/08(top) and 9 weeks later on 1/27/09(bottom)

After being really worried about Lilah, and getting some good advice, I called Dr. Lee yesterday. Today he called and left a really nice message at the house for me to call his personal cell phone. Yes, he actually called the house himself. Not a nurse, not a receptionist. What doctor does that????
A dedicated, compassionate, caring, GREAT doctor!!!!!
When he got on the phone I asked him why Lilah hasn't smiled at me yet and he said not to worry. I asked if she wasn't smiling because she couldn't see me smile. I told him that my other three smiled at me by this time. He tried to reassure me. He said that it usually takes three months for visual eye functioning.I asked him if Peter's Anomaly could cause other problems and he said that she seems to just have the type that is associated with the eyes. Dr. Lee said that if Lilah had Peter's Plus she would have significant birth defects. What Lilah has is the Peter's Anomaly of the eye where a gene did not form the eye correctly.
Dr. Lee asked me if I noticed Lilah trying to look at me. I told him that she really tries to see me. I told him that Lilah turns her head when the girls talk to her. I asked Dr. Lee to tell me what she can see. He said, "light and darkness and maybe some red." I asked if that was true even for her condition; and he said yes. I told Dr. Lee that Lilah's eyes do not seem to cross that much, if ever. I told Dr. Lee how I profoundly appreciated him calling me personally. He said, "Let's keep each other posted."
Dr. Lee is an answered prayer. He is a fantastic, smart, caring, compassionate Dr. I am grateful that he is taking care of her. I am grateful that the Lord sent him to us. I know that God is using Dr. Lee to heal our precious baby Lilah! Thank you, Dr. Lee! Thank you God!!!!

1 comment:

MSB said...

Katie... I want to give you some inspiration... I know that my friend's baby's blindness did not come from the same things as Lilah's (Elisabeth was born with hydracephalus), but her story is inspiring. If you have time check out
www.donaldandlisasorensonfamily.blogspot.com
or The Far Side of Complexity link on my blog.
Blessings~Mandy