"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, January 9, 2009

Doctors don't know everything

Last night, at small group, I was telling everyone how I really pray that Dr. DeVaro, here in Savannah, will have a change of heart by the miracle of Lilah. Aaron reminded me of one of the unkindest things Dr. DeVaro said to us on our initial consultation in the hospital when Lilah was 18 hours old. He actually said,

"God didn't make these eyes right."

Who says that? To another human being, to a patient, to new parents cradling their precious baby daughter?
I know that the man is smart, educated, knows his stuff, and is the best in town, but WOW.He has a wife and kids of his own.How could he talk to us like that?How could I have forgotten that? How could I have let that slip out of my head?Does he really believe that God is to blame?
Because the God that I know, the God that really is.....well, He IS loving, kind, amazing, giving, all-powerful. God has given me the power to forgive and forget. God has given me the strength to focus on Lilah's needs, and those of my husband and three other children, and to leave the junk that people say out of my head. The God that I pray to, worship, adore, and love gave HIS only Son for me. God loved me that much. God still loves me. God loves Lilah. Lilah is HIS child first. I get the amazing opportunity to raise, love, hug, kiss, encourage, inspire, and teach my children.
I will readily admit how human I am. I have great days, good days, and some random not so good days. But, I trust, I F.R.O.G! (Fully Rely On God) I know that the Lord will heal Lilah. I am not God and I don't know how He plans to heal her, but I TRUST that HE will.
My prayer is for Dr. DeVaro. To have a changed heart, to be kinder, more patient, more understanding, more compassionate to his patients. I pray that DeVaro will come to know Christ. I pray that he will see Christ in our family: in Lilah. I pray that Lilah will be such a blessing to each person she meets.
In order for Lilah to be used the way that the Lord has intended, I am requesting that everyone please partner together in prayer and ask for Lilah to be completely healed! I know we WILL get this amazing miracle. Lilah will change the way people see the world. Lilah will be able to see and she will have a fantastic testimony to tell.
Thank you for praying! Thank you for continuing to trust in the Lord and HIS will. I cannot begin to tell you how priceless the prayers are!

No comments: