"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 13, 2011

To Brandon Heath,

When Lilah was born almost three years ago, the Dr. that diagnosed her eyes said that, "God didn't make these eyes right."

I actually believed his curse. I couldn't hear God's truth.


Listening to Brandon Heath's "Give me your eyes" I remember begging God to give Lilah HIS eyes so she could see. I would cry hours at a time. I couldn't see that God sent Lilah to me to open my eyes.

3 years later I have very different eyes.

I see the blessing that is Lilah Hope Sharp. I see the blessing in my home and now know that I am called to share HIS grace with you all.


Aaron and I were very blessed to not only go on the music boat, but I was able to have a conversation with Brandon Heath and his Dad. I was able to tell Brandon how "Give me your eyes" has ministered to me in many different ways over the last three years.
Brandon,
Thank you for your music which has inspired this Mama Bear more than you could ever know. Thank you for sharing God's word through song. Thank you for allowing all of us to see that HIS eyes are not of this world and that we are made for HIS work. Sharing my testimony and Lilah's story with you blessed me to speak those words back out. Thank you for not only listening, but for being humble enough to see that you really helped me and my family.
Keep on singing!
God Bless,
Katie

1 comment:

allison said...

This is beautiful!!!