"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The most BEAUTIFUL flower girl...EVER!

On September 3, 2011 I received an email from this wonderful woman: Morgan. (Here she is right before she walked down the isle)
The email said this:

"We only have a few people standing in our wedding and these are people we are very close with and support us. But I always want to include people that inspire me on my special day. That is why, I would like to ask you if Lilah would be the flower girl in our wedding. She will not have to stand up at the front the entire time, and you or her sisters can hold her hands and walk with her down the aisle. But when I'm envisioning my special day, and all the obstacles ahead of me, I immediately think of the strength and child like faith of Lilah. And I can think of no greater honor than to have her be a part of a day I will never forget."

This beautiful woman of God made me cry and my heart skip a beat. I immediately said yes and knew God would find a way to get Lilah down the isle.

Did I mention I had never met her in person before? That she had read this website and we were friends on Facebook and are fellow Savannah Christian Church members? My heart immediately thought, "I don't know who this woman is, but the fact that she wants my angel in her wedding speaks volumes about her as an individual."
The little stinker was SO cute at the rehearsal. She was so full of life and love...as always!
Here are a couple of images of Morgan and Lilah on her special day....
Lilah fell in LOVE with Brian, Morgan's life-long friend. Brian melted my heart as he paid such sweet attention to Lilah.
Lilah was so happy that day. She was radiating God's love!
I think she looks like a doll in the next image. ( thank you to my friend, and client, Amanda Byrd, for loaning us this INCREDIBLE dress!)
Can't you just see God's love in her face?!
I told Aaron that I didn't think Lilah would walk if I put her on her walker and walked off, but I did think if he put her on, she would walk forward to me. Here is the only image I got of her walking down the isle.
She tried to give up. She sat down, fought Aaron and cried, but she finally put her hands on her walker and made her way to me up front.
When she got there...
the congregation clapped. Needless to say, the above image is the ONLY one I have of that moment because my eyes were SO filed with tears that I couldn't see.


After Morgan and Glenn said their vows they had Pastors and people who have influenced them on their walk with Christ come forward and lay hands on them and pray. This was one of the most BEAUTIFUL moments I have EVER witnessed at a wedding.
Here she is, walking back down the isle to her Mama. I cannot begin to tell you how very proud of her I am. This was one of the GREATEST days of my life. ( Thank you Aaron for capturing this! I will have this image in my mind as I run for her on Saturday)
We had so much fun dancing at their wedding. This image will be repeated one day..I just know it. I know that the Lord has a man planned to LOVE Lilah JUST as she is. Someday Aaron will dance with his daughter on her own special day.
LOVED seeing her dance with her Daddy! Warmed my heart So much. ALL Dads should dance with their daughters!

My Mom came to see Lilah walk down the isle...and we had a blast dancing with the flower girl!


Dancing hand in hand with Lilah was one of the most heart warming moments of my life!
Even Eli twirled Sammie on the dance floor.

I cannot begin to tell you how PROUD I am of Lilah. She tried to quit. She tried not to walk down that isle, but she didn't give up. She did it...
and as Glenn said just after the ceremony, "We are here to make God famous and she shines HIS light."
Yes, I cried MANY happy tears that day.

Congratulations to Morgan and Glenn.


Thank you for including Lilah on your special day.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Beautiful Katie. But thanks for making Glenn and I cry like babies while sitting here at a Mexican restaurant waiting for our food to arrive. Lol we read it together while waiting. We love your family and look forward to continuing to be a part of lilahs life in the days to come. We will be there for her special day some day. Thanks to lilah for making our day extra special.