"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Requesting Prayers

I believe in the power of prayer.


I believe that when we ask, with all of our heart, trust that He can and He will, the Lord will answer us. Somehow, someway He answers us.


Lilah will be seeing Dr. Greenberg again in August. This next visit is going to be more difficult. See, my little fighter has become quite that...a fighter. She does not like anyone to get near her eyes anymore. I must say, I don't blame her. Every Dr. we visit is so interested in her eyes. The residents and students are just so curious. And I am normally very happy to let them look and examine them, and I tell them of her miracle to help them in their careers. All of that exam time, and the last nasty infection in her right eye, have made Lilah very apprehensive.
This next visit will determine if Lilah needs surgery to correct her "lazy" right eye. The patching IS working, so much so that we must patch 5 hours a day. Now, most Mom's I talk to HATE patching...and I do too. BUT, if that little nuisance, in the form of a cute little bandaid, can prevent her from surgery...she WILL wear it. Lilah fights me and fights me, but I win, each time, and we get that 5 hours in. Some days 6! I am determined to do all I can to help my girl.
BUT, I cannot do this on my own strength. I cannot do this alone. I need God to help me. I need prayer warriors to pray with me to intercede on her behalf.
To date Lilah has not had surgery on her eyes. PRAISE GOD! for that. To date she has never had a transplant, muscle repair, or EUA(exam under anesthesia). Lilah IS a modern day miracle.


I believe this miracle can continue. I need your help.

Will you commit to pray for Lilah, for her eyes, for her continued progress in therapies?

August 10th we go back to Atlanta to determine if she will need the muscle repair surgery and an EUA will probably be scheduled. An EUA for most people would be easy. And it is, but for our family that means more time of Mommy and Daddy away from Alex, Sammie, and Eli. That means finding a hotel in Atlanta to stay in the night before. More time for Aaron off of work, more time for someone else.. whoever watches the older three to take off of work. It isn't just an easy, go under, look in her eyes and see, then go home. With a family our size, it takes lots and lots of planning. There are a lot of aspects to our family life that are involved. We are a family first and foremost that is our ministry... the six people in our home. Having a child with needs is hard on all the family. We do our best to balance the time we spend with and for Lilah with Alex, Sammie, and Eli too. ANd the time we spend together keeping our marriage alive.

So here is my request...

Lord,
I come to you asking for your healing mercies, again. I ask that you please keep Lilah's eyes straight. I ask that you continue to clear her eyes and allow Dr. Greenberg to be as shocked and impressed with her red reflexes as Dr. Cossio was. Lord, I believe in your power. I believe in your miracles. I believe that you have a plan for Lilah and that you are using her to reach so many. I am asking that you, Lord, would use your hands, these patches, and the healing hands of others to prevent any surgery from her eyes. Lord, I also trust that if it be your will that she need these procedures that you have Lilah safely in your grip. Lord, I ask that you grant me your peace and help me to lay comfortably in your arms knowing that you love Lilah so much and you created her. Lord, I thank you for the miracles you have done in her life. I thank you for the lives you have touched through Lilah. I thank you for the miracles you have yet to show through my girl. I love you, Lord, and am so grateful for you.
Thank you.
Amen.

Many thanks to all who prayed this prayer, and many others like it, on Lilah's and my behalf. This road, this journey, is not easy, but with God and partners in prayer, it is much less lonely.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Much Love,
Katie

1 comment:

A Scattering said...

Katie, I just read your prayer for Lilah and put my full heart and trust in it. Lilah and YOU reach me every time I read your blog. God bless both of you and your family on this journey.