"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, May 24, 2010

Understood

Last Sunday Lilah and I had some VERY special guests come to Eli's birthday party.
Let me begin with this....
Being in Holland can be very lonely sometimes. Try as they may, people in Italy really do not get it. They want to help, and have been a great help.... They can love you, pray for you, support you, hold your hand, and be a shoulder to cry on, BUT....there is never a REAL understanding.
When our flight landed in Holland, almost 18 months ago, I was LONELY. I tried so hard to get someone...anyone...to tell me that my feelings, emotions, thoughts, fears, etc were "normal" for being in Holland. I got a lot of "it could be worse" or "she's not as bad as.." or "be happy that she isn't" or "well, you're strong, you can handle it."
What people didn't understand is that....I was dying inside. I loved my baby with ALL of my heart, and then some, but really needed to talk to someone who "got it" Who had a child JUST like Lilah. I have been SO, VERY grateful for the POSITIVE people I have found through writing this blog. I have been encouraged, made friendships, and as hard as I try... I tried to encourage them too.
Last Sunday...my loneliness......disappeared. I cleaned the house all morning. Watching the window, pacing back and forth....waiting for her to arrive...
Then, I took a break and went to my bedroom, and then............Aaron called out........ "SHE'S HERE!"
I was SO excited I didn't even let her get out of the car. (hehehehe)
I swept Lilah up in my arms and went out to greet her....
No, I didn't cry.....that is happening as I type this!!!
On their way back from vacation....Jenn and Emily and their family...stopped by to visit us!

Lilah and Emily playing in Lilah's room

Watching Lilah and Emily play together was like a dream. Really it was! To know that Lilah had someone she could play with that was "like" her was...beyond words.

Sharing lunch and a conversation

The girls shared lunch together. And when Eli opened his gifts Emily came and sat on my lap next to Lilah. God placed these girls in my lap for a reason...it was the sweetest moment. To watch these fighters...together...enjoying life...awesome!

As Eli opened his presents I held them both so close

Jenn and I talked and talked and TALKED!
It was SO nice to have someone I could ask questions and answer questions all without feeling like there was a "meaning" behind it. It was like she and I had known each other...FOREVER!
I have to admit that I did not want Jenn to leave. She and her family had only planned on staying for about an hour or so...BUT...it felt like minutes and we looked at the clock and they had been with us for over six hours. It was as if God knew exactly what I needed.

In the poem, Holland, it talks about how when you are in Holland you will "learn a new language and meet people you never would have before"

Jenn, I am SO glad that Lilah and I are in Holland with you and Emily!

In my heart I hold a VERY special place for Jenn and Emily. I pray that we can get together at least once a year...

New Jersey needs to be closer!


Thank you to the Bott Family for making a trip to the Sharp home!

4 comments:

BoomerSooner said...

I'm totally jealous, but am so glad you all met...next stop, Oklahoma City!

Elizabeth said...

That is so wonderful! I am so happy for you and only hope that one day I find someone in Holland too! How wonderful!

Yvonne said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have a yearly Peter's Anomaly group meeting? I wish I had more time to organize and try to find sponsers!

Kristin said...

this is just amazing!!!!! It blessed my heart to read this and look at your pictures!!!!