"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There is something about Lilah


Lilah is so gentle. She is so patient. Loving. Appreciative. A snuggler. Beautiful. My vocabulary for Lilah could go on for days.








I got a wonderful email from Merry. Merry watches Lilah at church on Saturday nights while Aaron and I volunteer and then worship.








Merry told me how much she loves reading this blog, but more importantly how much she loves Lilah.








Merry's words were so sweet...so heartfelt...so compassionate. Something she wrote about Lilah really touched my heart. I was so emotional over what she wrote that I needed to share her "truth" with everyone.





Here are some of the words she wrote:





"Lilah seems so happy and healthy and she is so beautiful. Anyone who is around her for any length of time, even if it is in he nursery on Saturday night, can tell that she is a very special little girl. "





Then she writes something so...PERFECT!





"I love Lilah's eyes..........I think they are the most beautiful color blue. I love to see how she tries to focus on you when you talk to her. Most normal sighted people won't even look at you like that."








Merry, you are absolutely right!








Lilah does take the time to look, understand, try, focus....see you. I am amazed at how a gorgeous 16 month old (16 months today!) will spend more time with you than most people.





I am so amazed by God each day. He knows EXACTLY what to give us.





Lilah is my gift! My love language is Quality Time....and boy oh boy does Lilah give you QUALITY when she spends time with you. She will ponder you, focus intently on you, touch you, giggle with you, but most importantly Lilah really loves genuinely and completely without condition.





To me...Lilah IS unconditional love!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a nice email.

My love language is quality of time too.

Heather said...

Wow that was absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

She is a gift for all of us to, know of, since it is virtual but I feel I do know her through you and your photos and stories. Thank you so much for sharing her.
QMM