"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, March 22, 2010

More Calories

Last week at Lilah's well visit we learned that Lilah hasn't gained any weight, nor lengthened in 4 months. Her head circumference has only increased by .5cm.
I was really shocked.
I thought that she must have gotten longer because she has been moving so much more and has thinned out.
I felt like the world's worst Mother.
I just can't win. Last year she was "too big"...now she's not on track. Ugg!
In my attempt to wean Lilah to help her become more independent, and move more, etc. she wasn't gaining and was has been having a hard time adjusting to a sippy cup.
Because Lilah is so tactile, she really loves the closeness and comfort of nursing. But...at almost 16 months, I thought it was time to begin to wean her. Well...we have hit another bump in our road.
So, her pediatrician handed me bags of Pediasure to try to get her more calories and help her enjoy her cup more.
I think she likes it!


Got chocolate milk?


2 comments:

Teri D said...

Your little angel is so gorgeous!

Yvonne said...

I lOve her pictures she is so cute!

We started pedisure when Sam was about that age and it really has helped him to maintain his weight. At 6 yrs old he is only 32 pounds and only 37 inches so he is way off the charts- so little but pedisure is such a good drink for him. to be honest, I still give him a bottle cause he drinks faster and gets more in it. He's so like a baby that it's not a big deal.

We buy the Walmart brand of pedisure. It is cheaper and he seems to like it the best. I've never gotten up the nerve to drink it cause the smell puts me off but boy does he love it!!!! thank God he'd probalby be really tiny without it!