"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, February 27, 2009

I LOVE our Pediatrician!!!

I took Lilah to Dr.Cossio's office(pediatrician) this morning because she is very congested. After he examined her I told him about the nurse from Children First saying she was "developmentally delayed."
He got very frustrated. He said he "hates when people put labels on kids because we aren't God and we don't know what she's going to do."

I LOVE my Pediatrician!!!

He not only encourages me, but he also supports, protects, and defends my kids. Dr. Cossio said she was just fine. He said her motor function is good and she is starting to smile. He said all kids develop differently and the "norm" can be off by 2 weeks or more. I asked him if there were more exercises I could do to stimulate her eyes and he gave me some suggestions.

He asked me when we go back to Atlanta and I told him next Friday. He said, "I think her left eye looks great." He also said, "the news can't be worse." meaning- we only go up from here.

I thank God for the great doctors Lilah has. I cannot begin to tell you how awesome positivity, encouragement, and HOPE are; no to mention having physicians who believe in the power of prayer!

I have a hard time "seeing" the changes in Lilah's eyes because I "stare" at her all day and night. Every time I nurse her I look at her eyes. Each time I talk to her I wonder if they are getting better.

I pray that Friday we will get some great answers! Lilah is a blessing and a miracle. I am so grateful!

Oh, by the way, she's on breathing treatments for her chest congestion.


Luke 7:22 So he replied to the messengers, "Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.

"I will put my trust in HIM."Hebrews 2:13

No comments: