"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, October 3, 2011

Many Thanks

In our home prayer is something that we do with our children frequently throughout the day. We believe that prayer changes things.

Sometimes the circumstances change for God is a great God and He listens and answers our prayers.

Sometimes our perspective changes and we see things MUCH more clearly than we did before.
Sometimes we get a YES and a miracle occurs. Sometimes we get a No and we must understand that the No comes not because we are being punished, have done something wrong, or haven't done all we could. Sometimes the NO comes because we cannot see the bigger picture that God has planned for us in this life and the next.

Prayer helps us focus on HIM and find joy in all situations.

I will be the first one to tell you that MANY of my prayers have been answered...many miracles have occurred. But, MANY of my prayers have not been answered.

What I do not know is that God has a plan greater than my eyes can see. Sometimes I tell people that Lilah can see more than me. For she is joyous in almost all circumstances.

The Lord sent her to me, and my family, and those of you reading this...to teach us. He sent her so we would realize how precious life is, how we should take nothing for granted, how no matter how much we "try" to control the situation...it is always out of our hands.

Lilah Sharp, I am grateful for you. I am grateful for each and every moment I get to spend with you. Even those that pain me. When I am stripped of all that I can control in your life, God teaches me to rest solely in HIS grip. When there are no answers and I want to scream and shout...I must turn my eyes on HIM and focus on what HE is doing with us. He is using us to help lead others to Him. I never asked to be a "witness." I never asked to bear the cross of such pain, and watch daily as my child struggles. But, neither did Jesus.
HE didn't ask to be born with the intention to die for you and me...for all of us. But, HE knew that HE had a purpose and that God had a plan. So, He prayed and asked God to take the cup from Him if it be thy will. Well, the cup wasn't removed. He took the punishment for all of us. He took it so we could find freedom in HIS name.
I may not always see that Jesus is using us. I may not always want to be used. But, I believe we are here, together, for a great purpose. Thank you for teaching me daily.
I love you more than you will ever know.

My sweet Lilah Bird!
Thank you for the constant prayers, love, and support.

We love you all!

1 comment:

Logger said...

You are smart beyond your years. Amen, Katie