"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, April 8, 2011

John 9: 1-3

I feel SO led to share something that happened yesterday. After I published the last post, I got an email from a friend. I want to keep her identity secret because who she is isn't as important as what she wrote. Some of you will know who this person is just by the circumstances, but MOST of you will not. What moved me to write today was thinking of her words, and how we are all affected by the LIES Satan tells us.
( For this she will be "V" and her son "M")





V wrote me and said that she has been meaning to tell me something for SUCH a long time. She and I met through one of my family members. We became instant friends. How funny that God orchestrated that we would be in labor at the VERY same time. Our OB sent us both to the hospital, on the same day, to be induced. Little did we know, until the next morning, that our rooms were NEXT door! So, me, being me!!...I took my IV and walked my happy hiney next door and said hello. I knew her circumstances and that she was pretty much alone in that room. I wanted to go next door and say hi and give a little love. I couldn't imagine being almost alone about to deliver. So we chatted and she laughed at me for walking next door with my gown on and IV in hand. Then I went back to my room and hours later delivered Lilah. What she wrote me was this, "I have felt such guilt since Lilah was born. Like why her. Why not me. I was the sinner. Why did she have a baby that was different and I got the normal one." Those words broke my heart!! Not for me, but for her! She actually convinced herself that she should have had the disabled child because of her past and I should have had the "normal" child. This is what I replied, "V, you were given M to save you, just like I was given Lilah to save me. They are EXACTLY where they should be!" I am writing this because I KNOW she needs to hear these words from me.As do many of you who believe your current situation is a direct result of something you did in your past. She needs to see that her son is her gift and Lilah is mine. I re-read John 9 this morning. John 9: 1-3 " As He went along, He saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" And Jesus said, "Neither this man, nor his parents, sinned, but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him." Now, go back and read it again... Lilah was placed where God knew her light would be seen for all. Not that her light wouldn't have been seen in V's home, but V needed M so she could see HIM. I needed Lilah so I could grow closer and allow others to see HIM. I want V to know that she should never again believe that lie Satan told her. M is her son. M is perfect and so is Lilah. God made them exactly how they should be and He gave them to the parents they should have. V, Go to the mirror and tell Satan to flee. You tell him he has NO place in your life and that M is YOURS and he was meant for you. You tell Satan that Jesus' blood has healed you of all your past and that your gift was M. Now, ask Jesus to fill you with HIS peace and comfort knowing you are the right Mama for the right child and YOU are doing a GREAT job! Love you and am SO glad we were introduced and shared labor together!! Much LOVE, Katie

No comments: