"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, April 18, 2011

I got a message the other day...

From Lilah's OT, Sarah, at Backus. The message said, "Hi Katie, I meant to tell you when you called that a spot has opened for one of our Speech Therapists to co-treat with me at the 11 o'clock hour. If you would like this her name is Dana. Just call me back and let me know. We have a LOT of people waiting on Speech."
I immediately called back and left her a message saying, "YES!"
Hold on before you think this is a boring post...it gets better, MUCH better... I knew EXACTLY who Sarah was talking about. Not only do I know Dana from Backus. I know Dana from SCC. I take care of her child on Saturday nights at church. I was excited that it would be someone I know, someone who believes in Jesus, HIS teachings, and has a passion and a heart for children like Lilah. THEN.... God showed me this: God has plans for Lilah to reach one of her therapists. Sarah is not a believer. Sarah is a wonderful woman, great OT, and gets very emotional when we talk about Lilah and what we have been through. I know that God has opened her heart, but she needs seeds planted. Dana has been working with Sarah for a while. Lilah has been with Sarah for a while. God is using Lilah to reach Sarah. God orchestrated an opening in Dana's schedule for her to co-treat with Sarah on Lilah for a very big purpose. I believe that the Lord wants to reach Sarah and her family. I believe that Lilah and I are being used right now. I believe that God has placed me, Lilah, and now Dana together in the same hour with Sarah so we can shine HIS light to her. I am not sure how. I am not sure what is about to happen, but I feel very strongly that, as Gene Appleton would say, "One more for Jesus" may happen. It may not be by us. It may not be from us, but we are part of HIS master plan to reach Sarah. Some days I get down and wonder, "God, why Lilah? Why does she have to fight this battle? Can you take this pain and hardship from her?" Then He gently reminds me that He is using her while He heals her. It is not my time. It is God's time. I believe that Lilah WILL lead a very long life. I believe she will do many things. MORE than I could ever dream of for her. But, He has a plan for her and He wants to reach many through her. So, we are obedient. We do as He asks. We do what we are called to do...and wait for HIS promises.
"Lord, I'm amazed by YOU!"

1 comment:

laurie b said...

Keep the faith, sis! "With GOD, all things are possible". Always remember how much GOD LOVES YOU & we do too! Laurie :)