"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Saturday, August 21, 2010

In Atlanta

at Dr. Greenberg's visit, we learned new things about Lilah.



He dilated her eyes and saw more red reflex in her right eye than ever before. He asked me if she was still on Lotemax and I said, "you told me to wean her off" and he said, "um, yeah, slowly" with that look like I misunderstood him. I said, "I haven't given her a drop in over a month" He said, "well, they are clearer!" He told me to increase her patching to 5 hours a day. He assured Aaron, who HATES to hear Lilah fuss with patch on, that no matter how long we patch her left eye, her brain will always go back to it as the dominant eye.


We asked him if she would be able to be in a normal classroom setting and he said, "Most definitely. The kids I see who need braille are completely blind with maybe light perception and she is not that." He said that most kids who have visual impairments, like Lilah, don't even need large print like elderly adults. He said she would probably just bring the paper very close to her eyes to read it more clearly. He said she would "DEFINITELY" be reading print.




NOW...for the BEST part...........................
We asked him what he thought her acuity might be and he said, "I wouldn't be surprised at all if she was 20/80."

I said, "But, we were told that she may only be 20/100 to 20/200"

He said, "It could be that, BUT...I wouldn't even be surprised if she even measured 20/60."

I said, "without glasses?"

And He said, "We aren't talking glasses yet."

TEARS filled my eyes.


At what point do I drop to my knees and thank GOD for ALL he has done in my baby girl's life? Daily? yes. Hourly? yes? each minute? yes. EVERY second of my life? YES!!!


How do you explain a child going from TOTAL blindness to 20/80 in under 21 months? ...


GOD
I am typing this as fast as I can before I walk out the door to serve and worship at SCC. I have MUCH to be grateful for, much that humbles me...and I want to say...
THANK YOU!!!
I cannot say thank you enough to ALL who have prayed, ceaselessly...and will continue to pray for complete healing of Lilah's eyes. I cannot begin to thank those who have stood by me...through it ALL...who listen who let me cry..who hug me...who love me..and LILAH...without question.
I will be the one with my arms HIGH in the air at SCC tonight praising HIM most high...if you see me with tears in my eyes, hear me off key singing know that I really don't care... I am praising the LORD MOST HIGH...because HE is SO good!!!!!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

AWESOME! Our GOD is an AWESOME God! Tears filled my eyes too when I read this. This is wonderful news and we have been praying and we will continue. GO LILAH!

MSB said...

My girls will be there tonight...they were going to look for your girls! Love you all!

Unknown said...

I am so so so so so so happy for you guys and Lilah!!! THANK YOU GOD!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO GOOD!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.