"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Spinal Ultrasound

Another test today....


When Lilah was born I noticed her very bony bottom. I remember thinking, "Wow, she's got a bony butt. All the others were so chunky...look at her tiny hiney."


Well, that bony hiney has turned inward. I have privately prayed about this because I was afraid of the questions, comments, or...backlash. I also tried not to worry too much.


Lilah doesn't like to put weight in her legs. Her feet turn in more than normal (not pigeon -toed but bent feet), her legs shake when she's standing, and she has a small "dimple" now in her lower back.

This afternoon at 2:30 Lilah will be having an ultrasound of her spine.

The ultrasound will determine if something is wrong with her spine. The main thing our pediatrician wants to rule out is Spina Bifida Occulta. (click to read more)

I will admit to being somewhat worried. But, I want answers and above all...I am very trusting in the Lord's plan for Lilah.

If she does have Spina Bifida...we will figure it out. If she doesn't I will be grateful to rule another thing out. No matter what I will praise the Lord above for placing sweet Lilah in my care.

I am praying for trust and peace today....and always.

No comments: