"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, June 21, 2010

Changes

A little back story first.... when I met Aaron, 18 years ago, he told me he had migraines and sinus problems. I didn't quite understand how bad they were...many years later..I do. Well, a couple of months ago, after MANY sinus infections and more migraines than I had ever seen him have, he FINALLY went to the allergist. The allergist told Aaron he is allergic to...trees, grass, dust, pollen, cats, and much more. He said his allergies make his migraines worse. He told Aaron that our children's illnesses were probably due to many of the same allergies. The allergist said our carpet MUST go. Well, after the pediatrician and the ENT confirmed this and said, "Get rid of it," we took a MAJOR chunk out of our savings and...we did the work ourselves.


After researching and researching.....we got a GREAT deal....so...In 16 days we removed all of the carpet and put in laminate floors...just me and Aaron.

On the last stretch....the dust and junk in our home became too much...and Lilah got pneumonia.


During this time, I became quite brave....I removed almost all of the front foyer tile by myself. The older three cheered me on as I whacked it away. What a rush THAT was!

That gave me the confidence to attack some issues for Lilah!


FIRST.....I am fighting to get Lilah proper Vision Teaching. I have spoken with coordinators, other therapists, Doctors, representatives...and we are at a road block. BUT, I will NOT give UP! I have befriended Bob Walls, the President of the Savannah Council for the Blind. Bob said he will help me in anyway he can.

SECOND.....I am fighting to get Lilah all the therapies she needs. Today at her 18 month well visit...I couldn't put a check by any of the items she "should" be doing for her age. The Public therapists say "she isn't that bad" but the private therapists say "she needs PT, OT, ST, VT, O&M, etc."



As I fight and hit walls....I get frustrated. BUT...I KNOW why I am fighting SO hard...for LILAH!
Lilah deserves these therapies. She deserves to get services. Lilah deserves for me to fight until it kills me. I will NOT give up. NEVER!
Lilah begins Speech Therapy this week and O&M very soon.
Lilah is not cruising, nor does she like to put weight on her feet...and she has a "small" issue on her lower back...soon Lilah is having an ultrasound of her spine.
Oh, and today I went to the Congressman's office and I now have a case worker for Lilah. I am determined and I will not wave the white flag.
Change can be a GREAT thing....I pray these changes will help Lilah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa you are so brave. Keep fighting for that little girl and blessings be on you and family. We had to take up our carpets too and the new floors are so much better.
QMM

Katie said...

Thanks QMM!