"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, March 27, 2009

The BEST news!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Lee said....
We are "golden" on her left eye and he will NOT do surgery on the left eye. He is still 50/50 on whether or not to do surgery on the right. We don't know what degree of sight she will have, but

"She will NOT be blind!"
Aaron told Dr. Lee that we were told (when Lilah was 18 hrs old) that Lilah would probably never see (because of Glaucoma and other side effects from the Peters) and he asked if that was still the case and Dr. Lee said "No." I had to make sure that I understood what he was saying so I asked him, "So, she will NOT be blind?" and he said, "No, she will not be blind. I don't know what type of sight she'll have, but what you and I would think of blind, no she will not be blind."
THANK GOD!!!!
Lilah fought so hard during testing. There were three of us holding her while Dr. Lee did the tests. Lilah kept kicking, crying, shaking her head side to side and raising her arms to her eyes to stop the tests. Dr. Lee said, "Man has she gotten strong." He didn't want to frustrate her even more, so he didn't push too hard for the tests. But he did get that her pressures are in normal range. He checked for thickness of her corneas. Her left didn't register well, because she was fighting so hard, but her right eye registered at 760. (6 weeks ago it was 815(normal500-600)) Her corneas have definitely thinned out and her pressures are still good.
I told Dr. Lee that he is an answer to prayer and that I thank God for him and his knowledge!
(Not sure if he believed me, but I pray that he takes the compliment. God has blessed that man with an amazing gift!)
We will continue the FML steroid drops in just her right eye. We will continue the Truspot (pressure) drops in both eyes. We are asking for continued prayers for clarity in Lilah's right eye. We go back to see Dr. Lee on April 30th at 8:50am.(Another early appointment, but at least we get back in time to see Alex, Sammie, and Eli before bed!)
I cannot begin to tell you how awesome it was to hear those words from Dr. Lee. We have been hoping and praying for sight. Our prayers, and your prayers, have been answered!!! I wept with joy in the car riding home. I asked God to forgive me for my sadness and lack of total trust. I apologized to Aaron for being so frazzled some days. Aaron said, "Do not apologize. You have every right to be that way."
I am so grateful, so blessed, and so AMAZED!!! Our GOD is SO GREAT!!!!!
Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your hope. Thank you for NOT giving up on Lilah. Thank you for continuing to pray.
From the bottom of my humbled, grateful, blessed, amazed heart....THANK YOU!
"Go tell of what you have seen and heard....THE BLIND SEE" Luke 7:22

2 comments:

MSB said...

Praise God!
What good news!

Lisa Christine said...

Katie,

This is so heart warming. Miracles still do happen in modern days, and your little Lilah is proof of that. I have no doubt that your strong faith has played a role in her gift of sight. I will pray for continued improvement.

With love,
Lisa