"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Answered Prayers

I serve an AMAZING GOD!!!!


" I am amazed at her progress",Dr. Lee said. "Every time I see you there is an improvement"

Lilah's pressures were "perfect" 18 (right eye) and 14(left eye). Her left eye is so clear that he said, "I still don't think I will have to touch that eye." (Meaning do surgery on) He said her right eye is still "touch and go"(on if he will have to do the transplant or not) but continuing to clear. He is giving us 3 more weeks on the FML drops. (Unless there is some drastic change when we return on 3/27/09)
He said that there is "no way to tell if she is delayed" because it is too early. When I asked him why she keeps her eyes closed so much he gave me this example: "When you go outside on a cloudy day the sun seems brighter" He told me that Lilah's left eye (the most clear of the two) is getting that "bright light" feel when she opens her eyes. I asked if there was anything I could do to help her and he said, "stimulate her eyes as much as possible."
I asked him if a "normal seeing" 14 week old was a 10 on a scale of 1-10 what is Lilah now? And he said, "When I first met you I would've said a 1, but now probably a 4 or 5." That is AMAZING in just 12 weeks!!!!
He said he is "very encouraged" by Lilah and her progress. He said, "The prayers are working!"
I thank God for Dr. Lee. He is a compassionate, caring, positive, encouraging and hopeful man. I am grateful to have a Godly man treating my baby girl.

I constantly remind myself that when Dr. DeVaro referred us to Atlanta, he referred us to a specific surgeon in Georgia. I was a nervous wreck when Dr.DeVaro said "she no longer practices here." Then DeVaro handed me the slip of paper with Dr. Lee's name on it. I remember praying harder than before that Dr. Lee was the man that God had planned to heal Lilah. I remember really giving it truly to the Lord. I HAD to have faith that this man was indeed the right person for Lilah.

Dr. Lee is an answered prayer!

If we were to have seen the other doctor, Lilah would have had the surgery by now. Lilah would not have been given the FML drops and the chance to heal without surgery. Thank God for Dr. Lee and his knowledge!!!!!

The Lord is good. All of my specific prayers for this visit were answered this morning. We get three more weeks on the FML, her pressures were great, and her corneas are still clearing.
Thank you for your prayers. You have been faithful and we have been rewarded. Please continue to pray for complete healing. Our "D-Day" is 3/27/09. MUCH LOVE!!!! God Bless!!
Many thanks!!!!
"I will put my trust in HIM."
Hebrews 2:13
Jesus said, "Go Tell of what you have seen and heard.....THE BLIND SEE" Luke 7:22

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

Your faith is inspiring :)

I am SO HAPPY that Lilah's eyes are doing so well!