"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

"They" said...

"she will never know she is 'different.' She was born this way."

They....lied.
 Words spoken can never be unsaid. They cannot be taken back. They can only be forgiven. "They", the "professionals", try to prepare with words what only one can truly understand through experience.

Lilah...

 knows she isn't "the same."

She knows that she cannot run as fast as those typically functioning peers. She knows she doesn't learn like others. She knows that she cannot see like them either. 

Lilah just knows.

Lilah knows when its time to laugh, time to cry, when to smile, how to "selfie", how to forgive, and she knows....when someone has hurt her deeply and refuses to change.

And gratefully at 7, even in the midst of the tears, she embraces it.

I have learned so much about myself being her Mom /advocate. I have learned to embrace my own "differences" and be proud of them. I encourage Lilah to have fun. I encourage her to....

Dance.
Life is too short to worry if someone is watching and what "they" might say. "They" were wrong once and will be again. "They" need to choose joy.

My sweet teacher. My sweet Lilah...if "they" only knew that you know more than we all do.... You know that embracing our uniqueness is what make us stronger, better, kinder, more...joyful.

Keeping being YOU...and forget what "they" say.

No comments: