"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TEAM Lilah!

The first image was taken on 12/30/11. My miracle was 3 years old and couldn't walk unassisted. My Dad calls Lilah the Bumblebee because the bumblebee really shouldn't be able to fly, but it flies anyway. The second image was taken on 5/3/13. 16 months later. Walking independently, confidently across the stage to receive her certificate from her 3yr old class at preschool.


I cannot begin to tell you the emotions that are attached to this.

So much work. SO many therapies. DAILY.

Lilah IS the hardest working woman I know.
Hands down!


Yesterday Lilah had her IEP meeting to plan for her next year of school. Each time these meetings arrive I am overcome with emotions. Typically they will discuss what she cannot do, how much work needs to be done, how much time per week should be allowed per therapist. 

Each meeting I have attended alone. The only parent present.

The first few were intimidating and I really didn't know what to ask for, what I could say, how to act, etc. For many reasons. I hated going to these meetings alone. HATED it!!
But, that was the hand I was dealt and I had to learn to fight for my girl all by myself.

I now go to these meetings with a different perspective. I show up with chocolate and gum, ready to laugh about how hysterical she CAN be, and what she CAN do. Lilah's team is part of my family!
They have seen her grow. They have been there for me in the toughest times. They are amazing people who want nothing more than to see this bumblebee take off and fly on her own.

MANY thanks to her OT Debbie, PT Eric, ST Judy, PSI teacher Ann, TVI/O&M Sarah, new SPED teacher Angie and new pre-school teacher Leslie. Lilah will be in the pre-k inclusion class next year.
I cannot wait for what the new year will bring. Get ready to hear some more BUZZing from this amazing miracle!

Thank you, God, for sending ME the absolute best teacher in the world...Lilah!

No comments: