"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Last day...

Tomorrow will be Lilah's last day at Bloomingdale First Baptist Preschool. My heart will probably not be able to explain in words the gratitude I have to Penny, Amy J, Vickie, Amy D, and Brandy for giving my sweet miracle their love for the last 9 months. But, I will try.

I decided to post a few images from her school experience:
 


 How can I even begin to express my appreciation? Bloomingdale First Baptist gave Lilah a chance when other schools said "no." Even the church I was attending at the time was afraid of her "physical limitations." But, this school (that all 4 of my children have now attended) THEY saw something in her and that has helped her break open out of her cocoon and begin to fly.


Lilah has been loved, challenged, and accepted. There have been times that her disabilities have slowed down the class, the school, etc. I know that this was not easy. I know that at times they wanted to pull their hair out with her. Wait, and/or me. And I understand that. I know that as a child with special needs Lilah can be quite a little stinker. And as her Mother, advocate and Mama Bear...I can be even more of one.

I thank them for loving us, both, and for seeing the potential in the miracle that is Lilah.


When Lilah walked down the isle on Friday night for the graduation, I was beaming with pride.
 As she laughed, sang, and danced with her friends I was filled with so much emotion.
 Not only had Lilah come such a LONG way, but she was up on the stage with her typically functioning peers.
 When Amy called her name and said, "Come to Miss Amy" and Lilah side stepped between those chairs
 and walked confidently across the stage
 to receive her certificate... I LOST it. Tears streamed down my face.
The hard work, the therapies, the determination, looking and looking for schools, all the prayers, the being hated for pushing her as hard as I do, and knowing she deserves everything... has paid off. 


I am so blessed and grateful that Bloomingdale First Baptist gave Lilah this chance. They will forever and always be a part of a great story. One day when they read about some great accomplishment she has achieved, they will know that they were a part of it. They were the place that gave her a chance.


Now, to her teacher...
Amy, 
Where do I start? How do I even begin to thank you enough? For agreeing to give her a shot. For seeing her potential. For loving her. For making her laugh. For pushing her. For changing a ridiculous amount of nasty pull ups. For changing her dirty panties when she was potty training. For treating her JUST like the others. For including her therapists. For scooping Lilah up in your arms and giving her what she needed. Thank you for all that you have done for my girl. Thank you for taking a chance on her. Thank you! It will never be enough, but I promise I will always cherish you as her first teacher. The one who said, "YES!"
MUCH love and many thanks, 
Katie


No comments: