"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Board breaking Lilah

Yesterday all of my children were a part of the break-a-thon for the Karate school. I watched as each one of my babies broke boards and attempt to do something they never had before. I was so proud. I am sure you could hear my screams across the country ;)


The one that made the MOST impact was Lilah.

Here she is walking around happily in the parking lot of the school.
Each student at the school lined up and broke their 5 boards. 


I told Carson that I thought Lilah should wait a little while until it wasn't so loud. This enabled me to take pictures of as many of the students as I could breaking boards. Most of the parents and students walked back out to the parking lot once they were done breaking their 5. But, slowly, the room began to fill again.


With no one else on the mat, Carson had Lilah come up and break boards. 

I asked another Mom, and fellow photographer if she minded using my camera to capture Lilah breaking boards while I assisted Lilah. 
Thank you, Teresa, for capturing these for me.





 Lilah did such a great job. She got a little startled when the crowd cheered so loud for her. But, I refused to let her quit.

The greatest part of all of this was that God used Lilah in that Karate school.

Determination. Strength. Confidence. Beauty. LOVE. Family. Encouragement. HOPE!

Thank you to Derrick Strickland for capturing it on video. Click HERE to watch!

I am so honored to be Lilah's mother and get the privilege to witness God work each day in her life and in the lives of others through her. I am very blessed!

No comments: