"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, June 7, 2012

An answer to a prayer and some updates (short video included)

Many of you will remember that I have been praying that Lilah would be able to walk on the beach. For some that may seem as a strange request to God, but not to me. See, for me....the beach has always been the place I can go to and really feel God's presence. I know He is there. I hear His voice. I feel His peace.

I wanted to watch Lilah walk on the sand that He created, see her enjoy those crystals squish between her toes. There is something that is just breathtaking about it.

My prayer was answered...



I keep watching this video over and over.

I took it Monday.

Today at Lilah's therapy I was told how Lilah's evaluations have come out.

Lilah is now at a 20-24m developmental level.

Lilah is 3.5 years old.

I remember when this would have stung SO bad. I remember when this would have made me weep uncontrollably. But, as God would have it...I am gratefully at a MUCH different place.

I no longer look at how "globally delayed" she is. I don't focus on how far behind her peers she is.

Nope!

No way!

Today, I focus my mind, my heart, my thoughts on how FAR my miracle has come.

I thank God for each and every new thing she does.

Just this morning alone, Lilah greeted me with "mo nin, Mom Ee." That is "Mornin', Mommy" for those who don't speak Lilah.

Those two words put my day into a great start.

I have changed my perspective. Wait...GOD has changed my perspective. God sent Lilah HOPE to my life to show me just how STRONG I am because of HIM and what I CAN do with HIS help.

Each day I look at Lilah and I make the decision to see her incredible spirit, her determination, her heart, her love, her JOY, and her PEACE. I feel as if I see God, himself, in her eyes.

I am so grateful that God has given me Lilah to help me see that we should appreciate and be present in each moment. That our greatest gifts are not the ones that come from a monetary form. Our greatest gifts are in the blessings of LOVE and laughter all around us.

Today has been a great day.

My girl is improving. She hasn't hit a plateau. She has improved in each area: speech, occupational, and physical.

Lilah shines God's light for ALL to see.

She is a light in this dark world.

Thank God for HER!

No comments: