"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, March 28, 2011

Patching Prayers

When we left Dr. Greenberg's office last month and he told me that because the patching IS working we must increase the time, I was ready and up for the challenge. Here is what most of you do NOT know. Patching IS hard work!! Not only for Lilah, but for our family. We have to keep her patch on for 5 hours everyday. 5 HOURS! That may seem like nothing to some, and HUGE to others. Think about it for a minute. Lilah is 28months. She takes these patches off VERY quickly, and very easily. Some have offered other patching methods, BUT these patches are the ONLY ones her Doctor recommends. She must have her left eye in complete darkness for 5 hours, therefore forcing her right eye to do all the work. At her age she would move, remove, etc a different type of patch. With patching we must keep her very busy. I must watch her like a hawk. When I don't she takes them off. Each box holds 50 patches but costs around$20(with shipping). Locally only ONE drugstore will occasionally carry them(30 minutes away) So, we make sure these patches stay on and we use them as if they are gold. Because they ARE like gold. What they do FOR her is HUGE. This little patch, smaller than the size of a softball, is preventing her from having to have muscle surgery in her right eye.
My friend, Jennifer J, sent Lilah 2 boxes of patches last year and one box this year. Jennifer has NO idea what that did for her. SHE played a HUGE role in helping save Lilah's right eye. Now the task of working it as hard as we can to keep it straight and prevent surgery.


I have not asked for prayers in a while. I suppose I became afraid that many believed I wasn't accepting Lilah as she is. See, that is NOT the case and THAT is what Satan wants me to believe. He wants me to stop asking for the Lord to intervene, he wants me to stop thinking that Jesus cares enough to listen. But you know what, Satan is losing this battle. I will ask for prayers for Lilah everyday of my life, just like I will for my older 3 children AND my husband. Prayers work, they change things, and they change they way we perceive the fight we are in.



Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for all that you have done for me, my family, and for those reading this. I know that you have blessed, not only us, but those reading this. You have used me, and Lilah, to help them grow closer with you. I am grateful to be your servant. I come to you asking because I know you can. I come asking for you to meet me at this place of fight and uncertainty. I ask you to help Lilah's right eye. I am asking for continued clearing, clarity, and thinning of both of her eyes. I am asking for answers and direction on what the deletion means on one of her genes. I am asking you to guide me and open doors for Lilah to be able to walk and talk and be as independent as possible. Lord, I feel so alone in his battle sometimes. I ask that you help me to feel your presence in those dark places of fear. I ask that you give me your peace to know that no matter the outcome, results, or experience YOU, merciful, amazing, giving, perfector of all are there holding me, and showing me your light in my little girl. I am asking you to help me to trust you even when I am mad and angry and frightened. I am asking you to help me to see that you love Lilah much more than I could ever understand. She is your design and your work and you do NOT make junk. She is perfect how she is, and you have trusted me with her. I am grateful for this gift. I am asking you to do your glorious work in her so she can continue to shine your light and lead people to you. You are the ONLY thing we all need. Thank you for loving us so much. Thank you for doing all you can so we will come to you and know you more.

Amen.


Thank you for praying for my girl!

1 comment:

Christy Parker said...

Prayers continue for Lilah and your family!