"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, September 10, 2010

Staying focused

After we went to the geneticist, my mind began to RACE with questions, thoughts, emotions, etc.
Aaron and I are just overwhelmed with "what if" right now.
IF she does, in fact, have Peters Plus Syndrome
IF she has a genetic problem
IF there is something else
IF I have missed something in all the BEGGING for tests
IF I have failed Lilah in some way
IF I can do MORE to help her
Will a "diagnosis" ever change our LOVE for Lilah? NO. NEVER.
I want to know what, if, how, when, how much, what to do, when to do, etc. so Lilah will get what she needs. I NEED to know how to help her.
After all the emotions I began to realize that I am NOT trusting with my whole heart.
I want and NEED to know "what and if" so I can steer Lilah on the right path...
But.. I also NEED to stay focused on what is REALLY important.
THAT...
is
continuing to LOVE Lilah for who she is...
and
Do the best I can.
I look at Lilah and see LOVE, peace, strength, beauty, and I see God.
Little glimpses of heaven rolled into my beautiful baby girl.
We went to the park the other day and I watched Lilah as she was swinging...
She is happy.
She is LOVED.
She is beautiful.
She is patient.
She is AMAZING.
We are SO blessed.
Thank you God for Lilah!


No comments: