"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, December 25, 2008

All I want for Christmas

After going to Atlanta and having our appointment with Dr. Lee, whom Aaron and I LOVE, I want a miracle. No more than I did before, but now with more HOPE that the possibility is still there! All I want for Christmas is for Lilah's corneas to heal and for her to see. Not much, just a mother's hope, prayer, wish and need for her child.

A little bit of information from our visit:
First and Foremost, thank you for your prayers. Dr. Lee is a very young, compassionate, encouraging, hopeful, smart, intelligent man. (ANSWERED PRAYER) I know that the Lord answered our prayer because I prayed for a Godly man and asked the holy spirit to be in Dr. Lee when we met him. He and all of his staff were very nice and welcoming. He listened to us and heard our concerns and did some new tests.Lilah has been diagnosed with Peters Anomaly.(See link below) She has very thick Corneas. On a positive note, her corneas are not completely opaque. Dr. Lee was happy that he could see some iris and some pupil. He was also happy that her right eye, like I have noticed, is less cloudy than the left. I told Dr. Lee that I believe that her eyes are less cloudy than they were at birth. He prescribed some steroid drops that may help with the scarring of the cornea.He said he has had an infant patient, with the same condition and level of cloudiness, that used the drops and never had surgery. The patient is now five years old and can see. I am praying that these drops are our miracle.PLEASE pray that the Lord will use these drops to heal her eyes without surgery. Dr. Lee wants to see us again on 12/31/08 at 10:30am to see if the drops are making any improvement.We are already on the list for a donor because the infants eyes are more tricky and need to be transplanted very quickly.

Aaron and I are asking for very specific prayers. Please pray that the steroid drops will help improve the cloudiness of her corneas. Please pray that Dr. Lee will notice a positive change when we return in 6 days. Please pray that this is our miracle. Our Christmas miracle. If the drops are not the method that the Lord has planned to heal Lilah, we pray that there will be a donor very quickly and Lilah will not reject the tissue. We are asking that this miracle will happen so Lilah will not feel pain.

We thank you for your love, support, and prayers.Here is a link to some information on her condition and surgery success,etc (this is not her doctor, but I wanted to give some insight to her condition, treatments, etc)
http://www.wrighteyecare.com/Peters_Anomaly.html

I believe that the Lord will heal Lilah. I know that she was given to us for a reason. We could not explain how she was conceived, but I have known all along that she was going to do something major with her life. I have to believe and trust that the Lord knows the plans for Lilah. The bible says,Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I know she will see. I believe it.
I want a miracle!!! I pray that these drops help clear her corneas and that Lilah will require no surgery. I am praying for this miracle. I am living on HOPE and trust. I am also very aware that the Lord may have plans to heal her through surgery. I have to trust in HIS plans for her. I know we have a long road ahead of us. Have faith in Lilah. Have faith in the Lord. Have faith in miracles. Doctors know so much, but the Lord knows more. Someone will come to know Christ through this. Maybe many. Lilah was given to us to help heal the world. I believe that the Lord knew exactly what she would do and how many she would reach for him. I know that the power of prayer really works and that the Lord wants us to call on him. He wants to know we trust him. Ask specifically. He already knows what is in your heart. Don't be ashamed to ask it. Please ask that she be healed!

No comments: