"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A first for her...and me

With all the changes and issues we had with insurance, medicaid, SSI, etc. We found out that Backus no longer allows co-treating for therapies. Or, maybe that the insurances will only pay the therapists if they do one-on-ones. Either way today marks a big day for Lilah...and me.


Today Lilah's therapies will be back to back hour long sessions. Today, Lilah will have OT, PT, ST in that order from 9-12.

Today I will walk her in , see her get started then I will leave...leave, man, that word...I don't do this often....

But, I felt God tell me that not only does she need me to give her this time to learn and not have me, the crutch, there, but also I need to focus this time on the older three and what we want to accomplish and learn with homeschooling.



I know she is in great hands. I know she will do fine and yes, I will be very close by incase of an emergency. And yes, I am very emotional about it all.

So, before I pour my heart out again, and get more criticism for my heart, I will hold my tears in and get going for my run so I can get everyone dressed and ready for the hour drive...oh the joys of morning traffic.

So, say a little prayer for her( and for me) as a new chapter of independence begins.

2 comments:

laurie b said...

I'm so proud of you, Katie. I can only imagine how you must feel as you "LET GO" just a little bit. It take TREMENDOUS amounts of COURAGE and You, dear sister, are doing a PHENOMENAL job. Good luck with Home School in the Park today! I can't wait to hear how everything went. GOD bless you, Katie. LET GO, LET GOD! I love you so much! :)

Logger said...

The BUZZ will be with her...and you. That bumble bee is absolutely amazing...and so are you