"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lilah"s new Orthotics

When Lilah's Pt, Laura, discussed orthotics for Lilah....I must admit... I was skeptical. I have followed other special needs blogs where there are descriptions of HATE toward them.
I told Laura that I was willing to do ANYTHING to help Lilah.
About 3 weeks ago Lilah was fitted for AFO orthotics. When I walked into Savannah Orthotics I thought, "I know that name."
Lilah's Orthotist is a friend of ours and member of our church. (THAT was a God thing, I believe!)
While Lee casted Lilah's legs she sat perfectly still and actually giggled at him a few times.
Lilah's orthotics came in Friday and I will tell the truth...
I LOVE them!
What I love about them is not the hearts, the cute pattern, the bright colors or the way it makes her tiny feet look bigger.
I LOVE what they DO for her!
Check out the confidence in standing!


I am so impressed by how well she has done.

She doesn't fight me to put them on. Its almost as if she KNOWS that they help her and she likes them. I put them on her Saturday morning and she pushed my hand away and stood, hands free, against the wall.
I am, once again, in AWE of how amazing Lilah is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This warms an old PT's heart!

Thanks! Barbara

Anonymous said...

Oh she looks so precious. She is an amazon of determination and guts. You are such a great mom. Blessings
QMM

Candace said...

Hi Katie,
Nice to meet you! I came over on Dr. Boucher's suggestion. I have a six yr old daughter, Faith, with CP. Your daughter is beautiful and I am thrilled to get to know you both!